It’s never too late to start working out. In fact, exercise can improve health conditions even if you start at an older age. Exercising regularly can be challenging, if it’s not already apart of your routine. Fortunately, there’s ways to jumpstart your fitness so that getting out the door remains the hardest part.
Support Your Immune System
A diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats will help maximize the strength of your immune system. Choosing a supplement like VitalMedix liquid extract can give you added support. VitalMedix, when taken as directed, provides an immediate support to your immune system.
Plus, liquid extracts have faster absorption and bioavailability providing rapid immune system support, you can mix several liquid extracts together. For example, couple VitalMedix with Barberry (a root extract rich in powerful antioxidants) and you’ve got dynamic support for a healthy immune system.
Sleep is not always easy to come by. While some people claim they’re able to recharge on the bare minimum, the reality is adults need 7+ hours of sleep each night to reset, recharge, and stay healthy. If you’re not getting enough quality sleep at night, your energy levels and strength during workouts will suffer. On the other hand, both exercise and sleep exert positive benefits on each other. That means that getting more sleep helps you improve your fitness, while working out regularly helps improve your sleep. Now that is a Win-win!
Try these tips to get more sleep:
- Get on a sleep schedule – aim to go to sleep and wake up around the same time every day
- Set up your surroundings – remove bright lights or sounds that disturb sleep; blackout curtains and a sound machine can be helpful for more restful sleep
- Get comfortable – a room that is too hot or too cold can disrupt sleep; get comfortable sheets and pillows to help you sleep better
- Take sleep support supplements – both Melatonin and Babuna liquid extracts support more restful sleep; melatonin is an antioxidant that lets your body know it’s time to relax, while Babuna contains chamomile extracts that naturally help you feel more relaxed and ready for sleep.
- Avoid cell phone and tv screens at least 30 minutes before bedtime – blue light from screens can interrupt the body’s natural circadian rhythms and make you feel more alert.
- Avoid caffeine within 3 hours of bedtime – caffeine is a stimulant and if taken too close to bedtime can cause restlessness
Make a Plan
Schedule workouts like you’re arranging a business meeting – put them in your calendar. If you don’t plan to workout, you’re more likely to skip it. Committing to fitness and following through is what matters.
Not eating enough is one of the biggest mistakes people make when they begin a workout program. A balanced diet with adequate calories and a mix of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, fruits, and vegetables is important for getting the most out of your workouts. Focus on a variety of foods and practice appropriate portion sizes.
A good starting point is to fill 1/3rd of your plate with protein, 1/3rd with complex carbohydrates, and the remaining 1/3rd with fruits and vegetables.
Utilizing supplemental resources like liquid extracts Maca and Adrenal is a smart way to improve energy levels for physical fitness. Maca root has been used since ancient times as an antioxidant support that may improve energy and stamina. Adrenal is a complex formulation of four adaptogenic herbs that offer adrenal support to keep your energy levels stable.
Consistency is the key to improving in not only fitness, but also most other areas in life. The only way to get better is to do something regularly. Aim to be active most days of the week, or at least 4-5 days. If your schedule doesn’t allow physical fitness that frequently, commit to working out as often as you can. Any amount of exercise is better than none.
Increase the Intensity or Duration
The only way to get better at something is to challenge yourself. Keeping the weights the same, or intensity the same for an extended period is not doing you any favors. Aim to increase the intensity, duration, or the amount of weight you can lift each week so that you advance and move forward instead of staying stagnant with your fitness routine.
It takes time to see improvements in your fitness, but it is possible. Being patient and consistent will carry you through so long as you’re putting in the work. While diet and nutrition are essential for a healthy immune system and progress in the gym, tapping into supplemental resources can give you the upper hand. Stock your cabinet with a selection of liquid extracts including VitalMedix, Barberry, Melatonin, Babuna, Maca, and Adrenal.